I guess this very common dish also, the favourite of Lord Ganesha need no introduction. I have replaced rice with kambu which is yet another millet variety. It came out pretty well. Have it hot with onion/tomato chutney. You will simply love it.
Kambu - 1 cup
Water - as required
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urud dal - 1 tsp
Bengal gram - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Green chilli - 4-5
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves - a hand full (chopped)
- Wash and soak kambu for atleast 3 hrs.
- Grind it to a smooth paste (dosa batter consistency) with enough water.
- Add enough salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom kadai and add all the given ingredients in the same order.
- Now pour the batter and mix continuously in low flame.
- Once it is cooked switch off the stove and let it cool.
- Make small kozhukattais and steam cook in idly pan.