Last week I went to my native place near Pollachi to attend a family function. We ordered food (all three course meals) from "Anandas" a veg restaurant in Coimbatore. Not only did the food taste good the entire course was full of different and unique recipes. The recipe I have put here is "mushroom podimad" which we thought was some porial. None of us had the slightest idea that it was made of mushroom until they informed us. It just tasted like egg podimas. I gave it a try in home and it tasted really good. My hubby said it was excellent. So guys do try this recipe and post your comments.
- Mushroom - 1 packet (finely chopped)
- Onion - 2
- Green chilli - 4-5
- Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
- Coconut - 3 tbsp (grated)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Coriander leaves - for garnish
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Once they begin to splutter add curry leaves and green chilli. Saute for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onions. Now add ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Saute until the onions become translucent.
- Add grated coconut and give it a stir.
- Finally add the chopped mushrooms. Keep it in low flame and cover with lid.
- Stir occasionally. Once done garnish with coriander leaves.
- No need to sprinkle water for the mushrooms to cook. It will release water and shrink while cooking.