Monday, November 24, 2014

MIXED VEGETABLE TOAST



I love sandwiches any given day. They are fresh, easy to make and so yummy to taste. Its an easy and effective way to make people eat veggies especially, kids who love cheese. I even add cooked or sprouted pulses to make it more nutritious. Also, when there is leftover vegetables from lunch i stuff it in bread with some cheese or mayonaise or mint chutney and toast it.  Basically there is "n" number of stuffing's you can make for a sandwich. The beauty here is it never fails you and it always comes out yummy... The recipe I'm posting now is quite a mixed sandwich. I initially planned on making a Bombay sandwich and ended with this one. As i said, they never fail me. It came out pretty good and every one in home loved it. Especially, my father in law and sister in law, who too share my craziness for sandwiches. They are my inspirations to cook. They love whatever i make. My sister in law is my co partner in kitchen and my poor father in law who is our tester to all the madness we create in the kitchen. Thanks guys. Love you loads....




INGREDIENTS:
Brown bread - 1 pack
Onion - 2 chopped
Tomato - 2 chopped
Cucumber - 1 chopped
Paneer - 1 cup crumbled
Butter - 3 tbsp

FOR CHUTNEY:

Coriander leaves - 1 cup
Mint leaves - 1 cup
Green chilli - 3-4
Garlic - 4-5 pods
Dates - 4
Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp (dry roasted cumin seeds powdered)
Salt - as required

METHOD:

  1. Chop all the veggies to small cubes and crumble paneer. Transfer them all to a bowl.
  2. For the chutney, add all the given ingredients and grind it to a fine paste.
  3. Add the chutney to the veggie bowl. Add butter to it. Mix it all well.
  4. Stuff it between bread slices and toast it in a sandwich maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment