Friday, January 04, 2013

பானகம்

I take this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you @ http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in and http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.in . I am Kasthuri priyadarshini and you can get in touch with me at http://samayalsuzhthiram.blogspot.in. I chanced upon this competition for a recipe on ginger and it got me a bit excited, being an amateur blogger.The recipe I am submitting is orthodoxically unorthodox.  Orthodox in the sense, it is usually known to be served as naivedhyam. Unorthodox as in, not what one would expect for a contest.
                               


Let me introduce my recipe to you. It is a drink called Paanagam which is made with dry ginger (sukku) and Jaggery  It is a tasty, yet a healthy drink. Jaggery is a rich source of iron and sukku is known to act as a medicine to cure cough and cold. Upon regular intake it helps in maintaining the digestive system. As a whole, this drink is an excellent coolant hence, a perfect drink for Chennai's hot summer. Voila here is how it is done!!!

INGREDIENTS :
Jaggery
¼ cup
Water
1 cup
Dry ginger (sukku) powder
1 tsp
Cardamom powder
 ½ tsp
Lemon juice
2 tsp


METHOD :


  • Grate Jaggery. Dissolve it in water and filter it.
  • To it add sukku powder, cardamom powder and lemon juice. Mix well and let it stand for 30 minutes.
  • Once again filter it and serve chilled.


VARIATIONS :

You can add few saffron strands, a pinch of edible camphor and even a pinch of salt.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!! so authentic and so delicious!!! love this refreshing drink!! Thanks for sending this yummy ginger recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Mission - Breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete